Construction began in 1874 in St. George, Bermuda on a replacement for the town’s St. Peter’s Church. However a series of problems developed, from a storm ravaging the near-completed site to financial concerns and political infighting within the parish. Construction halted and the church began to crumble over time.
In 1992 the Bermuda National Trust stepped in to preserve the structure in its unfinished state. To this day the church remains unfinished with its towering stone walls, grassy floor and massive sky-light.
March 2010. (1924)